High quality care for infants and toddlers.
EHS provides early, continuous, intensive, and comprehensive child development and family support services to low-income infants and toddlers and their families, and pregnant women and their families.
THE GOALS OF EARLY HEAD START
To provide safe and developmentally enriching caregiving which promotes the physical, cognitive, social and emotional development of infants and toddlers, and prepares them for future growth and development;
To support parents, both mothers and fathers, in their role as primary caregivers and teachers of their children, and families in meeting personal goals and achieving self sufficiency across a wide variety of domains;
To mobilize communities to provide the resources and environment necessary to ensure a comprehensive, integrated array of services and support for families;
To ensure the provision of high quality responsive services to family through the development of trained, and caring staff.
YPI LAUNCHING HOME-BASED OPTION
Starting July 11, 2016, YPI will be offering the EHS home-based option for delivering comprehensive services. This option is provided through weekly home visits to each enrolled child and family. The home visitor provides child-focused visits that promote the parents' ability to support the child's development. Twice per month, the program offers socializations opportunities for parents and children to come together as a group for learning, discussion, and social activity.
YPI EHS recognize parents as their children’s ﬁrst and most important teachers. There is an emphasis on how everyday routines provide meaningful opportunities for children to build on their developmental skills. Parents understand how simple household items and experiences captivate children’s imagination and promote learning. Families are supported and empowered to recreate and build on these learning experiences for their children during the time between home visits. These repeated experiences have a signiﬁcant inﬂuence on learning and development, helping children to gain the motivation and curiosity to learn as well as the speciﬁc language, literacy, and numeric skills essential for success later in school.
NEW YPI EHS CENTER OPENING IN JANUARY 2017
Center-Based services provide early learning, care and enrichment experiences to children in an early care and education setting. Staff members also visit family homes at least four times per year. Vine Academy is located at 1147 Vine Street Los Angeles, CA 90029. The center serves as a model of excellence providing the highest quality school readiness outcome-based learning environments for families and their children. Classrooms provide a safe and nurturing environment for infants and toddlers to grow and develop genuine relationships with caring and responsive teachers and educators.
- Full-day, full-year early education for 89 infant and toddlers in 13 classrooms.
- The Center will be open Monday–Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Thirteen classrooms for infants and toddlers (ages 6 weeks to three years) where each child is assigned a primary caregiver to ensure healthy social and emotional development and a secure attachment to a significant adult.
- Classrooms are designed to provide healthy, safe, stimulating, and predictable spaces to encourage learning, curiosity, problem solving, exploring, and playing.
- A Creative Curriculum for all age groups.
- Healthy meals and snacks provided.
COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES PROVIDED
- school readiness
- health and nutrition
- mental health and disabilities referrals
- family services
- parent, family and community engagement
ENROLLMENT REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- age verification record
- income eligibility
- address verification
- proof of employment/unemployment
- proof of enrollment in a vocational/educational program
- families receiving TANF, SSI, CalWORKS, and/or homeless automatically qualify
SERVING ZIP CODES
- 90004 | 90027 | 90028 | 90029 | 90031 | 90032 | 90038 | 90065
YPI EHS VINE CENTER
1147 Vine Street
Los Angeles, CA 90038
* Children 0-3 for qualifying families. Children with special needs welcome!