We provide youth between the ages of 14 and 21 with subsidized summer employment opportunities, mentorship, workplace readiness training and financial literacy with access to matched savings accounts.
We provide youth with employment opportunities, workplace readiness and financial literacy education.
HOW IT WORKS
Participants work in a variety of entry-level jobs from July to September. The SYEP is designed to emphasize real-world expectations; increase awareness of services offered by local community-based organizations; and provide opportunities for college, career, and financial literacy training.
These are the basic program eligibility guidelines:
- You must be 14 – 24 years old
- You must live in the City of Los Angeles
- Your family must meet the low income criteria or receive public assistance or you are a foster child or homeless
- You must have the right to work in the U.S.
- There may be other eligibility requirements, depending on program funding.
Students selected to receive a summer work experience will be identified through random selection and availability of funding.
Once you have completed the Employment Registration Form, you will be entered into the lottery to determine if you have been chosen for a summer work experience opportunity. Randomly selected candidates will be contacted in early June and will be invited to apply for the Summer Youth Employment program.
If selected, you will be required to submit a program application and provide proof of eligibility.
YouthSource & Education Director