For more than 30 years, YPI has been breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty. At the core of our commitment to serving key high-need communities in Los Angeles with essential resources and support services, we focus on direct education and comprehensive services including early childhood education, tutoring, operating K–12 schools, college preparation, computer labs, case management, financial capability, and job training.
To better serve our community, we’re thrilled to announce our new Strategic Plan that will guide our direction from now through 2019. This comes at an important inflection point for us, amid our tremendous growth with the near-completion of our first Los Angeles Promise Neighborhood award, and with the designation of the Los Angeles Promise Zone underway. As part of a new integrated model, we’re building on key investments in leadership and results-based accountability.
By 2025, poverty in the Los Angeles Promise Neighborhood and Promise Zone regions will be reduced, via 19,000 more individuals equipped with jobs and skills for college and career success.
To achieve this impact, we’ve identified five key ingredients:
- Implement an integrated cradle-to-career service model in targeted place-based communities to prepare youth and adults for college and career success.
- Deliver and invest in community development efforts within Los Angeles.
- Promote public systems change to effectively align public resources.
- Identify, build capacity, and collaborate with key partner service agencies in Los Angeles.
- Strengthen internal operations, staff capacity and supporting infrastructure.
Download the infographic | Read the complete Strategic Plan