TechHire LA is an innovative job training program
to prepare Angelenos for high-demand careers in technology
with no degree required.
Between 2015–2020, more than 10,000 new tech jobs are projected to become available in Los Angeles County, with an additional 8,500 jobs opening due to attrition.
TechHire is provided by our partner The Firehose Project. It is designed with access to accelerated learning options that provide the fastest paths to good jobs—like bootcamps and online options that give people the skills they need in months not years.
TechHire LA will prioritize services to Veterans, individuals with disabilities, as well as community members living in the LA Promise Zone.
- TechHire bootcamps offer real-world projects to build your portfolio
- TechHire stands with its students and graduates to coach, mentor, and connect you to employers and business opportunities
- The average salary in a job that requires information technology skills is 50 percent more than the average private sector job.
- TechHire LA serves individuals who may have limited skills, lack work experience, and/or face other barriers to economic success. Individuals within these populations must be unemployed, dislocated, or underemployed in part-time or full-time low-wage, low-skilled jobs, where access to training, education, and support services is essential to acquire the skills necessary for better paying and higher skilled jobs.
- Eligibility for TechHire depends on a number of factors including the completion of the TechHire introductory code academy, though completion does not guarantee admission to the 12-15 week Bootcamp as limited openings are available.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the United States.
What does it cost?
- Your time
- Your commitment
- Your willingness to learn—and to learn from your mistakes
- More time than you think you have
- A lot of grit
Now recruiting veterans!
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up here
- TechHire will contact you to answer your questions.
- Interview for acceptance in the 15-week Web Developer Coding Bootcamp.
- Survive bootcamp and create a great portfolio.
- Get a fantastic job!
Click the button above to complete the form.
When these tech jobs go unfilled, it’s a missed opportunity for the workers, but it’s also a missed opportunity for your city, your community, your county, your state, and our nation.
– President Barack Obama
National League of Cities Annual Conference | March 9th, 2015